POLICIES AND READINESS GUIDELINES
1. A child MUST be potty trained to be accepted.
2. Encourage your child to work on puzzles, building blocks, coloring, tracing, drawing and cutting. This aids in developing fine motor skills.
3. Have your child sit and listen to a story for at least 10 minutes. This develops listening skills and stretches the attention span.
4. Give your child an easy direction to follow and encourage him/her to complete it within a given amount of time.
5. Teach your child to clean up toys when he/she is finished playing with them. Give toys a "place" to be put away. This helps a child know where things go and how to care for toys and belongings.
6. Help your child with transitioning from one activity to another. Give him/her an opportunity to make a smooth change from one activity (playing, watching a video, etc.) to another (sitting down to dinner, getting ready for bed, etc.). There will be several transitions in the preschool setting and knowing your child can do this with a minimum of difficulty will be most beneficial.
We hope these guidelines will help you as you prepare your child for preschool. We want each child to have a fun and successful preschool experience!